Friday, February 20, 2009
My first earthquake experience...
So yesterday at around 6:45am I woke up to a shaking building. My makeshift bed moved, and I thought to myself am I dreaming, or was that just an earthquake tremor ?!? I was so tired so I fell right back asleep. I woke up around 11am ish and went online and everyone's status had changed to something in regards to the earthquake. Ahhh, so I knew then that it was real, and not just my imagination. It freaked me out a little because it made it "real". You hear about natural disasters all the time, but you never think they will happen to you. So anyway, I'm going to stop procrastinating and work on making myself a natural disaster kit. We were taught all about this in training, I just never got around to making one. Better safe than sorry, and it will be good for typhoon season in September too. Apparently when I arrived at the end of September last year I had just missed the huge flood in Okazaki. All company housing was okay because they are all located on the 2nd floor and up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment