Saturday, April 4, 2009

Long time no type...

Ah, my apologies! It's been quite a while since I last blogged. But I'm off today, so now is the perfect time.

Today I went to Toyohashi to a local bog with two friends. My new Japanese friend has a car, so he drove us. It got off to a shaky start because my friend was late. But she apologized and we didn't let it ruin our day. So then we drove to the bog. I was a bit worried, cause it looked like the rain was about to come down hard. It was really foggy. We were lucky; it held out until we left the bog around 1:30ish. So we were there from about 10:45am to 1:30pm. It was quite the trek. We wandered around this bog for a bit then headed up a hiker's path. We walked all the way to the top of the mountain! It was a pretty intense workout. There were huge cliffs and the path was all rocks and dirt. Anyway, here are some pics of the adventure. Tomorrow shall be even more exciting. I'm going to the Okazaki Ieyasu Parade. There's food, a parade, and a samurai warriors battle under the cherry blossoms! I'm excited to see all the pretty sakura!















No comments: