Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Counting down the days...

I can't believe it's already the end of April. Time really flies by here. May will be my 8th month here in Japan. I am seriously considering and leaning towards extending my teaching contract. 1 year is flying by too quickly. I still haven't visited Tokyo! That is just crazy. But no worries, in a couple of weeks I will have made my rounds throughout Japan. My sister is coming for a visit at the end of May, and we will be hitting all the hot spots - Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, etc, etc.

Well actually, by the middle of next week I will be in Hiroshima. There's a one week national holiday here, so a couple of my friends and I are going on a mini vacation. A well deserved and much needed break from work. We're staying in Hiroshima for 3 days, then we're heading to Osaka for 2 days. I know it's going to be extremely busy, as golden week is the high season for Japanese travelers. I think all the banks are closed too! Must take money out in advance :|

Hmmm, so I haven't updated since my trip to the Toyohashi bog. I've done a lot since, but for now I will only post some photos from a couple weekends ago when I was in Okazaki for the cherry blossom festival.
















Watching daytime fireworks under the beautiful sakura!




















Hanami is so amazing! I thought oh, it's all talk, people just like hyping it up. But really, I couldn't get enough!

No comments: